Arrive Ministries is dedicated to living out God’s command to
welcome refugees and immigrants in Minnesota.
We seek to love refugees and immigrants practically, socially and spiritually by providing direct program services, mobilizing the Church, and calling our communities to respond biblically.
Life transformation for refugees, immigrants and the Church
Live out God’s command to welcome refugees and immigrants
We value the Gospel shared in word and deed, refugees and immigrants created in God’s image, the local Church as God’s agent for transformation, justice and mercy for the vulnerable, and empowerment and learning from each other.
- The Gospel, shared in word and deed (Romans 1:16, Colossians 3:17)
- Refugees and immigrants, created in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27, Exodus 23:9, Leviticus 19:33-34, Leviticus 24:22)
- The local Church, God’s agent for transformation (1 Peter 2:9, Matthew 28: 18-20, Matthew 5: 14-16)
- Justice and mercy for the vulnerable (Isaiah 58: 6-11, Micah 6:8, Isaiah 1:17)
- Empowerment and learning from each other (1 Thessalonians 5:11, Proverbs 27:17)
As a Christian organization, the beliefs upon which our ministry are based call us to extend love to all refugees and immigrants who walk through our door, which is what we joyfully do!
Arrive Ministries rejoices in our opportunity to welcome, serve and walk alongside refugees and immigrants regardless of their country of origin, religious belief, gender, marital status, physical ability, or other unique characteristics.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
History of Arrive Ministries
Arrive Ministries began in 1988 as World Relief Minnesota, as a ministry of the Greater Minnesota Association of Evangelicals. In the three decades of its existence, Arrive has welcomed over 11,000 refugees through its resettlement services and connected thousands of refugees to volunteers from local churches through its ministry programs.
In 2013, a rebranding project was undertaken, and our name was changed to Arrive Ministries to better recognize our identity as our own 501(c)(3) organization. At the same time, GMAE was rebranded to Transform Minnesota, and Arrive continues to be a subsidiary corporation of that organization. Arrive Ministries continues to function as the Minnesota affiliate of World Relief, a global Christian humanitarian organization.
Arrive Ministries (Total)
- Donations, 54%
- Government Contract Funds, 43%
- Service Fees, 3%
Fiscal Year Projections through March 31, 2023
We are honored to partner with organizations that help us fulfill our mission: To carry out God’s command to welcome and bring lifelong transformation to refugees and immigrants in Minnesota.
Transform Minnesota — Arrive Ministries is a 501(c)(3) subsidiary ministry of Transform Minnesota. Transform Minnesota provides administrative services for Arrive Ministries (finance, accounting, and human resources).
World Relief — World Relief is the international relief and development arm of the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE), headquartered in Baltimore, MD. Arrive Ministries partners with World Relief, to resettle and serve refugees in Minnesota under the auspices of their U.S. resettlement program.
Lutheran Social Services (LSS) Arrive Ministries cooperates with LSS in a joint Refugee Employment Services (RES) program to assist refugees with job placement, employment mentoring and skill development.
Karen Organization of Minnesota (KOM) Arrive Ministries partners with KOM in a joint Refugee Social Services (RSS) program to assist refugees with Immigration Legal Services, housing, transportation and medical insurance.
Bhutanese Community Organization of Minnesota (BCOM) Arrive Ministries partners with BCOM in a joint Refugee Social Services (RSS) program to assist refugees with Immigration Legal Services, housing, transportation and medical insurance.