- This event has passed.
The Great Minnesota Picnic Together
August 16, 2020 - August 23, 2020
Get Together Outside or Online with Your Refugee Friends
Picnic Week: Sunday August 16 – Saturday August 22
Do you miss getting together with your refugee friends? We do!
During these challenging times, how about planning a picnic virtually or in-person during Arrive Ministries official Picnic Week! The Great Minnesota Picnic Together is a creative way for you to connect with your refugee friends while maintaining safe distancing measures either outdoors or online.
Celebrate your friendship and the end of summer together in a safe way!
Suggestions for your Great Minnesota Picnic Together:
- Bring a blanket and meet in a park or a backyard
- Bring snacks, a meal, or take-out (consider ordering from an immigrant-owned restaurant)
- Bring bubbles, sidewalk chalk, kites, hoola-hoops
- Set-up yard games that let you keep physical space (ex. bean bag toss)
Maintain Social Distancing Best Practices:
- Bring ample hand sanitizer
- Wear a mask until everyone has settled at least 6-feet apart
- Move the picnic online if not everyone is comfortable meeting up.
*Please read our document here on offering a pressure-free invitation
Let us know how it goes! Email your photos or stories to encourage us at: firstname.lastname@example.org